Put your ear, near my ear,
put your ear, near my ear,
and you will hear, and you will hear,
and you will hear,
Ask them “are you happy now?” and lead them to circle out some words they learned last lesson. They may point out “ear”, “near”, “ hear”. Then tell them we will learn the pronunciation secret of these words.
Step 2: Presentation
1. Show some pictures based on these target words, and briefly explain them for students.
2. Ask students to look at them carefully and try to find the same part of these words. They may say there is the letter group “ear” in the words.
3. Conclude the pronunciation rule of “ear”. Tell them that when they see “ear” in a word, in most cases, they sound same. Also I will remind them the right pronunciation again. And ask them to read the letter group “ear” and the words three times.
Step 3: Practice
1. Play the game named Hot Potato with students to consolidate the pronunciation of “ear”. when I sing, students will pass a pencil one by one. When I stop, the one who gets the pencil needs to read the letter group “ear” and the word I point out.
2. Ask students to pick up other words that share the letter group “ear” as much as possible.
Step 4: Production
Show a tongue twister on the screen. And read twice for students. Ask them to give a performance in front the class five minutes later. Give encouragement.
I shed tears for he shears my dear toy deer’s ear.
Step 5: Summary and homework
Summary: Conclude the content of the lesson and summarize with whole class.
Homework: let their parents to make a small video of their chant o1r tongue twister performance.
1.Do you think vocabulary teaching is essential, yes or not?
Yes, I think vocabulary teaching is essential. Vocabulary is the base of language. Without sufficient vocabulary, we can't effectively speak, read, and write, and can't communicate effectively in English as well. Mastering enough vocabulary is the key to successful use of foreign languages.
2.Why do you want to be an English teacher?
First, I love English very much. Every time I am reading English aloud,I feel I was singing the most beautiful song. Second, Teacher is one of the most respectable jobs though it is not very profitable.I feel very good to be a teacher.I can help my students figure out their questions and improve their English.There is a kind of accomplishment here,you know.Third,I love to hang around the campus because the atmosphere here is very pure and honest.I love being with teachers and students.They are all so kind.